Voltage Drop Calculator
Voltage drop defined: The process of an energy voltage source being reduced as electric current moves through a circuit. This voltage drop calculator is a great tool to help determine proper wire size based on voltage drop.
- Enter the voltage. CCTV systems usually operate on 12v or 24v
- Select AC or DC: Typical systems run 12 VDC /24Vac
- Enter the current from your camera. 1000 mA = 1 amp
- Enter the cable distance in feet
- Enter cable diameter usually 18 awg for CCTV systems