The American Bankers Association estimates that the latter crime costs (such as stolen debit cards, passing of counterfeit checks and fraud against bank deposits) costs the banking industry $1.9 billion in losses in 2014 alone.
Video surveillance can help banking institutions investigate, prevent and solve financial crimes faster and more effectively. Surveillance systems with smart security analytics and intelligence can take financial surveillance to the next level. To proactively pinpoint fraud these systems save investigators time and resources by pinpointing suspicious behavior sooner.
5 ways smart video security and analytics can help you.
- Monitoring Access to Sensitive Areas:
- Using video analytics, financial institutions can monitor specific areas of interests and trigger an alert when a physical event takes place. Events opening a safe, cash exchange and transfer, night deposit box opens or when someone enters a sensitive area.
- Safeguarding Surveillance Cameras with Active Tampering Alarms
- Analytics can help ensure video is protected by generating real-time alerts if cameras are blocked or moved.
- Finding Check and Identity Fraud
- Since most check fraud occurs on new back accounts intelligent video solutions enables banks to locate checks with low numbers, decreasing the amount of time it takes to find fraud. If someone’s account has been compromised, corresponding surveillance video to find the culprit.
- Discovering Cash Harvesting and Suspicious Behaviors at ATMs
- By deploying the right kind of analytics over their ATMs, banks and credit unions can quickly detect potential incidents of cash harvesting through automated system reports on this kind of activity.
- Detecting the Installation of ATM Skimming Devices
- Video-based analytics and intelligence VMS helps combat the installation of skimming devices by detecting when someone is standing at an ATM for an extended period of time without making a transaction. Analytic Smart security can send alerts in real-time, allowing for quick investigation and removal of the skimming device.
If you are interested in learning more about the smart security video analytics and how it could help you business feel free to call one of security advisors for your security assessment or contact your local distribution office to find out how you can get eLine Technology’s Eystream Smart Security. Call 800.683.6835